Sunday, May 20, 2018

Wedding Guest Attire: 6 No Fail Tips For Dressing The Part









We are about to attend our third wedding in one months time! So, I felt like today's topic was very fitting seeing as wedding season is in full swing! Finding something to wear to a wedding can be a daunting task. Most of us don't just have a wide selection of cocktail dresses sitting around in our closet, so that means you are more than likely out shopping for options and texting your bff's to see what they're wearing. It's an even tougher task when the dress code is vague. And, if you're in the same phase of life as us - everybody is getting married. I think we attended a whopping nine weddings last year, plus our own! That's nine dresses I had to figure out because almost all of the weddings had the same, or similar guests in attendance and no specific theme. Holy stressful! So if you're in the same boat as me, hang tight because today I'm walking you through 6 no fail tips for always dressing the part.  

1. First things first, figure out what time of day the wedding is taking place. Often times day time weddings can be a little more casual in the sense that a floral maxi dress is acceptable, while evening weddings typically require cocktail dresses. 

2. Figure out the location of the wedding. Piggybacking off the above stated tip, if you're still unsure of what type of outfit to wear - the location can tell a lot about dress code. If it's an outdoor wedding in a garden at 2:00 PM, a floral maxi dress is a perfect option. If it's an indoor wedding in a church at 6 PM, a midi length cocktail dress is appropriate. 

3. Never wear black or white to a wedding. Yea, yea - I know the whole don't wear black rule is phasing out amongst our generation, but what us millennials fail to remember is that weddings have guests of all ages, and many times our elders who are family members of the bride and groom can be offended by those wearing black. Believe me when I say, I've heard plenty of women whisper "I thought you weren't supposed to wear black to a wedding" to their neighbor as someone strolls past them to their seat at the ceremony. There are exceptions to this of course, for instance if the wedding is labeled "black tie" then this does not apply, but since we are talking about weddings with vague dress codes this is relevant. If you just rule both of these colors out, no one can ever say anything about it. Safe bet! 

4. Err on the side of conservatism. I always opt for a dress that's at least knee length, if not longer. The dress pictured above is a "midi" length dress which is always a good length for a wedding no matter what the dress code is. Weddings are not the time or place to flaunt those toned legs you've been working so hard on in the gym. Believe me girl I get it, they look goooddd in that mini - but there will always be somebody judging you for wearing that to a wedding (or house of worship for that matter), so general rule of thumb: If you're questioning the length in the dressing room, rule it out. 

5. If you can, find out what color the bridesmaids are wearing and avoid it. It's always a little awkward showing up in a dress that's the same color as the bridesmaids. You end up looking like the third wheel friend who wanted to be in the wedding but didn't get asked. I know that's probably not the case, but you get what I mean - it's just awkward. 

6. Find a pair of neutral heels that are comfortable and go with everything. This is one of my favorite tips. If you're already buying multiple dresses, it's annoying to have to buy multiple pairs of shoes too. It's also not so classy to be running around the wedding barefoot when your feet hurt. I know we all do it, but if you can avoid having to do that - you're always winning. I found these little block heeled sandals and wear them with every guest of the wedding dress I have! They're neutral, beyond comfortable, the heel height is conservative, and they are good quality which means you'll get longevity out of them. I never have to take them off at any wedding we attend! 

It's also worth mentioning if you find a dress you like that comes in multiple colors like this one (comes in 10 colors), it's perfectly okay to wear it again in a different color to the next wedding! Talk about easy and no one will notice! I'm actually thinking about ordering this version of the dress above for our next event! 

PS: If you're looking for options on what to wear to your next wedding, I've done the work for you and put together a whole page of appropriate options for you here.

SHOP THE POST:

49 comments:

  1. Thank you for your sharing articles. I have been finding interesting posts and your articles are what I need. They are really useful and engaging. They are precious pieces of advice. I can branch out with new knowledge. Learn captivating things. Hope you will upload more me. sales pop master free, sales pop master app, https://autoketing.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi viewers online, I'm here to share my testimony about how I was helped to get my husband back. I was a cheat and my husband caught me several times. I tried fixing myself and each time I ended up cheating over and over again. I guess I didn't realize what he meant to me until he had left me alone. I began to find a way to get him back but nothing seemed to work out perfectly until I came across an article about Lord Zulu who helped a lot of people globally to get their relationships back. I made contact with him and he assured me that my husband will come back to me within 48 hours with his powerful magic. After I did all he asked me to do. Surprisingly, my husband came back home after 2 days saying that he still loves me and I swore never to cheat on him anymore. All thanks to Lord Zulu. You can have a chat with him on his WhatsApp number or you can contact him on +1(909) 781-4612.

      Delete
  2. My rather long internet look up has at the end of the day been compensated with pleasant insight to talk about with my family and friends
    industrial safety course in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this worth able content with us. The concept taken here will be useful for my future programs and I will surely implement them in my study. Keep blogging article like this. fire and safety course in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really good post this. Truly, a magnificent art is making an article. And you are quite a master at that art. I would tell you to keep on continuing this awesome work of yours
    miniclip juegos, a10games, Jogos de Friv

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really good post this. Truly, a magnificent art is making an article. And you are quite a master at that art. I would tell you to keep on continuing this awesome work of yours
    miniclip juegos, a10games, Jogos de Friv

    ReplyDelete
  6. Positive webpage, where did u think of the data on this posting?I have perused a couple of the articles on your site now, and I truly like your style. Much appreciated and please keep up the viable work.
    friv 4 game
    2player games for kids
    io jogos for kids

    ReplyDelete

  7. Vincy Cooking Rainbow Birthday Cake
    Soccertastic World Cup 2018
    Ski Or Die
    I have bookmarked your website because this site contains valuable information in it. I am really happy with articles quality and presentation. Thanks a lot for keeping great stuff. I am very much thankful for this site.

    ReplyDelete

  8. I really enjoyed this post! The insights are really helpful and informative.
    The dress itself is very comfortable and easy to wear. You could wear this dress for many occasions, such as party, dating, wedding, work,

    etc.
    Absolutely LOVE!!!!! This dress! Received numerous compliments from guests when coordinating a wedding.
    Simply beautiful and flattering to the curvaceous woman . Find a great collection of Cocktail Dress
    This dress was absolutely beautiful!! It was well made.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am all that much satisfied with the substance you have specified. I needed to thank you for this extraordinary article. Nottingham wedding photographer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiring a wedding planner doesn't necessarily have to cost a mint, and in many cases a planner may save you money because they know how to find and negotiate the best deals. Cyprus Weddings

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, just to provide a very brief overview for understanding, Machine Learning or ML for short is one of the hottest and the most trending technologies in the world at the moment, machine learning and ai courses in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read. as we provide cocktail dresses for sale online at affordable prices. for more info visit our website weshopfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Couple that development and soundness with the way that the US has a straightforward overall set of laws which makes a simple road for non-U.S. residents to contribute, and what we have is an ideal arrangement of both planning and monetary law... making prime chance! The US likewise forces no cash controls, making it simple to strip, which makes the possibility of Investment in US Real Estate much more appealing. ryse residences

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very well written article. It was an awesome article to read. Complete rich content and fully informative. I totally Loved it.Wholesale Premium Clothing Online Poland

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would like to say this is a well-informed article as we have seen here. Your way of writing is very impressive and also it is a beneficial article for us.japanese style clothing Thanks for sharing an article like this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have done good work by publishing this article here. I found this article too much informative, and also it is beneficial to enhance our knowledge.Best Pakistani Online Clothing Stores Grateful to you for sharing an article like this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Modest shoes need to address every one of your issues first. They should be of acceptable quality, engaging in plan and style and fitted impeccably to your size. Commonly, we purchase modest shoes over the Internet and never will wear them after that.Kitten Heel Wedding Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am very thankful to you that you have shared this excellent information with us. I got some different kind of knowledge from your webpage, and it is helpful for everyone. Thanks for share it. Wholesale Women Clothing Europe

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have provided valuable data for us. It is great and informative for everyone. Keep posting always. I am very thankful to you.ladies fringe vest

    ReplyDelete
  20. Acknowledges for penmanship such a worthy column, I stumbled beside your blog besides predict a handful advise. I want your tone of manuscript... Shisha Hire

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. ดอกไม้หน้าศพ

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, What an Outstanding post. I found this too much informatics. It is what I was seeking for. I would like to recommend you that please keep sharing such type of info.If possible, Thanks. Fait a la Main

    ReplyDelete
  23. A fruitful occasion organizer needs to keep up great associations with providers which will empower them to make a special effort to help the occasion organizer in arranging an effective occasion. corporate event venues on long island

    ReplyDelete
  24. Interestingly you write, I will address you'll find exciting and interesting things on similar topics. swimsuits

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great article with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information.. Asian weddings

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is really nice to hear. thank you for sharing this valuable article. please read more info about Headshot photographer

    ReplyDelete
  27. I found decent information in your article.Vintage Womens Clothing Uk I am impressed with how nicely you described this subject, It is a gainful article for us. Thanks for share it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading. Will surely going to share this URL with my friends. dance studios kitchener

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us. dance lessons for kids

    ReplyDelete
  30. Excellent post. I really enjoy reading and also appreciate your work.Girls Designer Short Dresses Online In UK This concept is a good way to enhance knowledge. Keep sharing this kind of articles, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I always check this type of advisory post and I found your article which is related to my interest.wholesale boy shorts This is a great way to increase knowledge for us. Thanks for sharing an article like this.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for taking the time to discuss that, I feel strongly about this and so really like getting to know more on this kind of field. Do you mind updating your blog post with additional insight? It should be really useful for all of us. hip hop instrumentals

    ReplyDelete
  33. I learn some new stuff from it too, thanks for sharing your information. Asian wedding pianist

    ReplyDelete
  34. Are you planning for applying for Gigolo job in Jaipur join today India most reputed Gigolo Club in Jaipur, Date and Earn every Day. Gigolo job in Jaipur

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi viewers online, I'm here to share my testimony about how I was helped to get my husband back. I was a cheat and my husband caught me several times. I tried fixing myself and each time I ended up cheating over and over again. I guess I didn't realize what he meant to me until he had left me alone. I began to find a way to get him back but nothing seemed to work out perfectly until I came across an article about Lord Zulu who helped a lot of people globally to get their relationships back. I made contact with him and he assured me that my husband will come back to me within 48 hours with his powerful magic. After I did all he asked me to do. Surprisingly, my husband came back home after 2 days saying that he still loves me and I swore never to cheat on him anymore. All thanks to Lord Zulu. You can have a chat with him on his WhatsApp number or you can contact him on +1(909) 781-4612.



    Hi viewers online, I'm here to share my testimony about how I was helped to get my husband back. I was a cheat and my husband caught me several times. I tried fixing myself and each time I ended up cheating over and over again. I guess I didn't realize what he meant to me until he had left me alone. I began to find a way to get him back but nothing seemed to work out perfectly until I came across an article about Lord Zulu who helped a lot of people globally to get their relationships back. I made contact with him and he assured me that my husband will come back to me within 48 hours with his powerful magic. After I did all he asked me to do. Surprisingly, my husband came back home after 2 days saying that he still loves me and I swore never to cheat on him anymore. All thanks to Lord Zulu. You can have a chat with him on his WhatsApp number or you can contact him on +1(909) 781-4612.



    Hi viewers online, I'm here to share my testimony about how I was helped to get my husband back. I was a cheat and my husband caught me several times. I tried fixing myself and each time I ended up cheating over and over again. I guess I didn't realize what he meant to me until he had left me alone. I began to find a way to get him back but nothing seemed to work out perfectly until I came across an article about Lord Zulu who helped a lot of people globally to get their relationships back. I made contact with him and he assured me that my husband will come back to me within 48 hours with his powerful magic. After I did all he asked me to do. Surprisingly, my husband came back home after 2 days saying that he still loves me and I swore never to cheat on him anymore. All thanks to Lord Zulu. You can have a chat with him on his WhatsApp number or you can contact him on +1(909) 781-4612.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I wanted to read it again because it is very well written.
    data analytics course in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  37. Nice info, I am very thankful to you for sharing this important knowledge. This information is helpful for everyone. Read more info about Girls Skirt For Sale in Hong Kong So please always share this kind of information. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great blog. Really looking forward to read more. Cool. wedding venue restaurant

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very well written article. It was an awesome article to read. about Profashion source code

    ReplyDelete
  40. Nice top and very periti look very good collection & good Collection
    https://www.samyakk.com/lehenga

    ReplyDelete

 

site design by kiki and co.