Tuesday, September 26, 2023

September Favorites


I know what I like, and I also know what you guys like so we are starting a "favorites" series where each month I'll post my favorite items/experiences/trends/restaurants you name it. Whatever stuck out to me the most that month - makes the list. I love getting to be a resource to you guys by weeding out what's worth it and what's not so that you end up with the best of the best in terms of recommendations. Let's get into it.




VANESSA'S SEPTEMBER FAVORITES:

Golf Infused facial at Skin Pharm: I'm actually going back on my word with this one. I tried it once a couple of years ago and wasn't in love with it, but this year I've noticed I've been losing some volume in my face so I thought I'd give it another whirl to see if it could help plump up some volume for me and damn did it do the trick this time! Not sure why the results were so much better this go around, but my makeup is no longer sitting in my smile lines the way it was prior to this facial. I could tell my collagen was stimulated and I also received several compliments on my skin about a week after the treatment. I see Missy, and she recommended doing this every 6 weeks and repeating it 3 times for optimal results, so you may see this back on the list again down the road - but I'm obsessed! 

Kroma Wellness OMG Cookie Butter: This stuff is addicting, but in the best way. It supports a healthy blood sugar balance, it's full of healthy fats, fiber, and plant based protein, and the ingredient list is completely clean. I've actually fallen in love with a lot of Kroma's products this month - but this is by far my favorite. 

Matcha: Can't believe i'm saying this, but i'm in love with Matcha as of late! Marissa from West Kept Secret, along with several holistic practctioners, really kept urging me to swap from coffee to Matcha to help the chronic fatigue I was experiencing. I finally made the switch after the Kroma Reset which I talk about here - and I'm hooked! If you're going to your local coffee shop, order it with maple syrup, cinnamon, and oat milk - thank me later. Its delicious!! You can also do honey for a natural sweetener which is equally as tasty. 

Truvani Plant Based Snack bars: Vani Hari of The Food Babe introduced me to these after we had her on the podcast and i'm so impressed with how good they are. Again, another completely clean label so you can feel good about giving them to your kids too! They're sweetened with dates and maple syrup and they're the perfect sweet treat or on the go snack + I don't hate the 8 grams of protein in them either!

LightStim for acne: I've had this for years and have always loved it, but for some reason I'm struggling with random breakouts on my chin again so I've spent more time with this trusty little device this month than I have in awhile and I sort of forgot how great it is! It clears up any acne spots I have within a day of using it and if you're someone who gets redness with their acne, this clears that up as well! Plus, it's nice and soothing before bed - just give it time and be patient, each area takes 3 minutes but this works better than my LED mask, so I'm fine with that. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

site design by kiki and co.